January 31, 2013

GREEN SMOOTHIE



I have been known to want to eat fruit for every meal. Only fruit. All the time. But the sugar crash that happens after a fruit filled smoothie is not worth it for me. I found a  g r e a t  alternative for the produce craving in the morning at every meal. GREEN SMOOTHIES.

{they look gross, and taste great}

A plus side of these is that you can put in almost any ingredient. almost.

My personal favorite...


big handful of spinach
the juice of half (or whole) a lemon
chopped pieces of ginger root
1 cup water
handful of ice
1 spoonful full fat plain greek yogurt 
1/2 frozen banana

options:
frozen berries
cucumber
kale
Mango slices
strawberries
almond milk
apple



*I recommend you blend for a longer time than you normally would, just to make sure the spinach doesn't separate.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment